Hiring: Beyond The Lies California Tour Crew Member
Position Objective: To operate Compassion Over Killing’s Beyond The Lies Tour, engaging the public in vegan video outreach, and reducing the number of animals raised for food.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, $12.50/hour, travel to and from tour paid for by COK, temporary. October-November.
Reports to: Beyond The Lies Program Manager
- Engaging the public through Pay-Per-View video outreach 5 days/week for up to 8 hours/day possibly including weekends and/or evenings.
- Actively and enthusiastically recruiting viewers to watch the Beyond The Lies video.
- Engaging in constructive conversations with individuals after they have viewed the video.
- Being an empathetic, cooperative Crew Member.
- Training local volunteers at events when available.
- Taking photos and video (during events & at other times) for BTL social media.
- Posting updates to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Coordinating with Program Coordinator on repairing equipment as needed.
- Driving between event locations.
- Maintaining financial records of all spending.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
- Applicant must pass a background check.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Willingness and ability to drive 6+ hours.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization; knowledgeable about veganism and farming issues.
- Previous experience in advocacy preferred.
- Strong work ethic, team player, and drive to succeed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically as well as learn quickly.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A smartphone with internet access.
- Ability to work outside for 8 hours in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to live in incredibly small living quarters with others.
- Ability to maintain a clean living environment.